11 Signs You need to Call a Drywall Water Damage Restoration Company
When water damage occurs, drywall is often one of the first things to be affected. This is because drywall is a porous material that can easily absorb water. If drywall water damage is not addressed quickly, it can cause the drywall to swell and become misshapen. In extreme cases, the drywall may even need to be replaced.
The water can damage the insulation, electrical wiring, framing and more. It’s important to address any signs of water damage as soon as possible to prevent further damage and mold growth. Here are 11 signs that you need to call a drywall water damage restoration company:
- Water stains on ceilings or walls
- Peeling paint or wallpaper
- Warping or swelling of wood floors, walls or ceilings
- Dampness or musty odors in the home
- Mold growth on any surface
- Buckling of tile floors
- Cracks in foundation walls or slabs
- Leaking pipes or fixtures
- Excessive moisture in the crawl space or basement
- Standing water anywhere in the home
- Electrically outlets or switches that feel hot to the touch
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to call a drywall water damage restoration company right away. They will have the tools and experience necessary to assess the damage and make repairs to prevent further damage and mold growth.
Methods Used by Professional Drywall Water Damage Restoration Companies
If you have water damage in your home, it’s important to call a professional restoration company right away. The professionals will assess the damage and take steps to dry out the affected areas and restore your home to its previous condition. Here are some of the methods they may use:
- Thermal imaging – This is a process of using an infrared camera to detect moisture in walls and ceilings.
- Dehumidification – This involves using specialized equipment to remove moisture from the air.
- Drywall repair – If drywall has been damaged by water, the professionals may be able to repair it.
- Waterproofing – If water damage is caused by a roof leak or plumbing leak, the professionals may install waterproofing materials to prevent future damage.
- Reconstruction – In some cases, entire sections of the home may need to be reconstructed after extensive water damage.
The professionals will use a variety of methods to address the water damage and restore your home to its previous condition. It’s important to allow them enough time to do a thorough job, so you should avoid trying to do it yourself. Expect the process to take at least a few days, and be prepared for some disruption to your normal routine. The cost of water damage restoration services will vary depending on the extent of the damage and the size of your home. In most cases, insurance will cover at least part of the cost. Contact your insurance company to find out what is covered. You may also be able to get financial assistance from the government if the damage was caused by a natural disaster.
If you notice any signs of water damage, it’s important to call a water damage restoration company right away. They will have the tools and experience necessary to assess the damage and make repairs to prevent further damage and mold growth.
A. Molly Company Environmental & Restoration Services, LLC
174 Passaic Ave, Fairfield, NJ 07004, United States