All About Carpet Water Damage
If you’ve ever had carpet water damage, you know that it can be a huge headache. Not only is the damage itself a hassle to deal with, but trying to figure out what to do next can be confusing and overwhelming. That’s why we’ve put together this article-to provide you with the ABCs of carpet water damage. Whether your carpets have been wet for a few hours or a few days, this guide will give you the information you need to know in order to assess the damage and take the next steps.
So, let’s get started with the basics. The first thing you need to do is assess the severity of the water damage. There are three main levels of water damage-light, moderate, and severe. Light water damage is usually caused by a spill that is quickly cleaned up. Moderate water damage is usually caused by a leak that is not immediately fixed, or by heavy rain or flooding. Severe water damage is typically caused by an overflowing toilet or sink, a burst pipe, or severe flooding.
Once you’ve determined the severity of the water damage, you’ll need to decide whether or not you can handle the repairs yourself. For light damage, it’s often possible to clean and dry the carpets yourself. However, for moderate or severe damage, it’s best to call in a professional. Not only will they have the proper equipment to quickly and effectively dry your carpets, but they’ll also be able to assess any further damage that may have been caused by the water.
If you do decide to call in a professional, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Make sure to ask for references-and check them. A good water damage company will have no problem providing you with a list of satisfied customers.
- Be sure to get a written estimate of the cost of repairs before work begins. This will help you avoid any surprises down the road.
- Be sure to ask about the company’s warranty or satisfaction guarantee. This will give you peace of mind in knowing that your carpets are being properly taken care of.
- Be sure to ask about the company’s credentials. A good water damage company will be certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
- Trust your gut. If you have any doubts about your ability to clean or repair the damage yourself, it’s always best to call in the professionals. Water damage can quickly lead to mold and other serious problems, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Be patient. Carpets can take a long time to dry, so don’t be tempted to put them back in place too soon. In most cases, it’s best to let them air dry for at least 24 hours before trying to vacuum or use them again.
Taking these steps will help ensure that your carpets are repaired properly and that you’re not taken advantage of in the process. So, if you ever find yourself dealing with water damage, keep these tips in mind and you’ll be sure to get the best possible results. Don’t wait-if your carpets have been damaged by water, call a professional today!
A. Molly Company Environmental & Restoration Services, LLC
174 Passaic Ave, Fairfield, NJ 07004, United States